As strong a company as Apple has been, and as legendary a legacy as Steve Jobs has left behind, the mighty Mac did manage to drop a few bad apples here and there. Even the best of us fail on occasion so these mishaps are just noteworthy footnotes in history now, but we thought we’d list these 10 Apple miscues for the sake of nostalgia:
- iPod U2 Special Edition – What were there, like, three people anxiously awaiting this thing’s arrival? We don’t know what the question might have been that made Apple think this product would fill a void, but since this failure of an iPod was the answer, then it couldn’t have been too important.
For businesses or merchants, the advent of the iPhone is rapidly changing the way that they process credit card payments. Whether your business is a mobile one that necessitates a portable method of paying by plastic, or you’re stationary and interested in reducing counter-top clutter, here are ten ways that you can accept credit card payments via iPhone.
- Square – Available for both iPhone and Android operating systems, signing up for Square gets users a free swipe tool to plug into their phones. Using the corresponding app, merchants can accept signatures via touch screen and process payment on the spot.
Before the launch of the first-generation iPad, Apple touted the new device’s ability to revolutionize workplace productivity as a forerunner in the much-hyped tablet platform. Since the first announcement from Apple to unveil the product, the device has been revamped into the iPad 2 with a third-gen offering in the works. Despite the high-minded intentions of many early adopters of the technology, here are ten of the things the iPad is most commonly used for.
With a bestselling biography by Walter Isaacson on the shelves, the public has learned many shocking details about the life of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs since he succumbed to cancer in October of 2011. In addition to the surprising allegations of refusal to pay child support to the mother of his eldest daughter and the story behind his black turtleneck uniform, here are ten other surprises that have come out since his untimely demise.
Isn’t it amazing that around the holidays it seems like everyone has their hand out for a donation? You can’t give to everyone so how do you choose? I say, go with your passion. What charity really speaks to you? Check out 10 great charities you can donate to online and why you should.
- secure.humanesociety.org: If you are a pet lover this would be a great charity to give to. There are so many people that volunteer their time to help out with this great program. Money is desperately needed to feed and get medical attention for all of the animals that come into the system. But they do much more than care for the animals. The Humane Society lobbies government to get stricter laws on the books in regards to animal cruelty, stopping animal testing and creating animal sanctuaries just to name a few.
Keeping your life organized and running smoothly requires some assistance these days. We minimized the size of our data platforms, but we still need big functionality to keep us on track. Here’s the top 10 iOS apps that people are using just for that purpose.
- CloudtoGo – This free file sharing app is getting rave reviews. Install Cloud from LineBreak on your Mac and CloudtoGo on your iPhone and sharing files, folders and screenshots with others is as simple as dragging them to the Cloud. The app creates a link for you to share on a webpage. If it’s in the Cloud on your Mac, then you simply open up CloudtoGo on your iphone and you can see the it there as well.
If this title seems a little strange to you, then you probably aren’t familiar with the Angry Bird games that are very popular at the moment. Since there are a few different versions of the game, they have a tendency to overtake the ‘Top 10′ lists for iOS games. So, in this list, we’ll provide you with the other top games that people are playing for free on many iphones and ipads.
- Hanging with Friends – Zynga has hit another top scorer with this fun game. People are becoming quite addicted to this game and making it part of their daily routine.
When a customer emailed Steve Jobs asking if it was possible to tether the iPhone to the iPad, his one word answer was, “no”. This response has made some people furious. For those who have purchased both of these Apple products, it just makes sense they should be able to use them together. Well here are 10 reasons you should reconsider your response.
- Save on fees – The main reason people want to be able to tether these two products is to save on WiFi connection fees. People who have iPhones can already pay a fee for this service to tether to their laptop, so why not their iPad?
image from tuaw.com
Zynga with Friends, the company that has created the ever-popular games such as Words with Friends and Hanging with Friends, has created an online version of Words with Friends that is playable on Facebook.
This version does not require flash and look virtually identical to the iPad version. What’s really neat is that you can play mobile users! And, if you have your devices logged in though Facebook, updates will appear very quickly.
So if you’re a Words with Friends fan, check out the Facebook version for free.
The folks over at Tapbots have released an update to their Twitter client for the iPhone and iPod touch. This update adds a couple of useful features. One of these features gives you the ability to add sleep time for its push notifications. This allows you to set a block of time to turn off notifications from Twitter so that you can sleep easy and uninterrupted. Another useful feature is the ability to only receive notifications from people that you follow. Thirdly, have you ever reported a spammer or blocked someone and had to live with the fact that their tweets were still polluting your timeline? Well fret no mo because once you block or spam someone with this new update, their tweets will be automatically removed.